Please sign Pacifica Climate Committee's online petition to Pacifica City Council, which is studying this issue:
Click Here to Sign
Ask Pacifica City Council to adopt the Climate Action Plan to steeply reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
• There is scientific consensus that we must reduce emissions by at least 25 percent before 2020 to avoid catastrophic climate change.
• As a coastal city, Pacifica is especially vulnerable to sea level rise, stronger winter storms, and coastal erosion. Therefore, we must do our part to reduce emissions.
• The State of California has adopted strong policies to reduce emissions, and counts on cities to do the same.
• Nine cities in San Mateo County already have adopted climate plans. Another four, including Pacifica, have draft plans.
• A Pacifica task force drafted a climate plan in 2012. City Council has yet to act on it.
The draft Climate Action Plan is available on the city website. Also, click the link below to read Cynthia Kaufman's report on the recent local screening of Shored Up, a documentary on sea level rise.
Shored Up in Pacifica
Pacifica Climate Committee is a citizens group working on climate change issues in Pacifica. Info: Cynthia Kaufman at firstname.lastname@example.org