On August 3, Caltrans completely botched a routine road repair and left Pacifica with horrendous traffic all day and into the night. This is unacceptable:
· We expect Caltrans to serve our needs.
. The traffic mess on August 3 and the proposed widening project show that Caltrans does not have Pacifica’s best interests at heart.
· Those on city staff and council who have not asked hard questions of Caltrans need to make a change, and participate in finding positive solutions.
· We don’t want a conversation about what Caltrans wants to do to widen Highway 1.
· We want a Pacifica-centered dialogue about what WE want for our town.
Let the city know that you want city staff and council to work with the community they represent to ensure that the people of Pacifica, not Caltrans, determine what is best for Pacifica! Also remind them that:
1. There is a lot of community opposition to the Caltrans highway-widening plan.
2. The City Council can and should reject it.
3. The city should hire a traffic engineer consultant to find alternatives.
Keep Pacifica Scenic!
Pacificans for Highway 1 Alternatives (PH1A) Steering Committee