Who knew? And when will this be made into a movie?
Alan Wald says mathematically minded Pacifica pi (3.14) lovers predict one of the following will happen on Pi Day, Monday, March 14:
- The City of Pacifica will receive 3.14 inches of rain.
- Yet another tycoon will offer $3.14 million for a vacant lot at Harmony@1.
- The thief who stole a reel of lottery Scratchers at knifepoint from Sharp Park 7-Eleven will learn he won a total of $3.14 for his trouble.
- The apartment building at 314 Esplanade, next to the one being demolished at 320 Esplanade, will crumble to the beach below.
- At Monday night's Pacifica City Council meeting, council members will descend into a Republican debate-style food fight that will end Tuesday at 3:14 a.m.
We await a review of Alan Wald's Pi Day recital at the March 14 City Council meeting. For background, click the Comments link below this post.
Alan Wald wondered whether our designated driver departing from the north end of Pacifica heading south on Highway 1 would ever reach the Pumpkin Festival. "When will our D.D. cross the intersection at Highway 92 in Half Moon Bay?" Alan asked Riptide readers. Well, now that nobody turned into a pumpkin, click the Comments link below this post to see who guessed right, who guessed wrong, and everything else in between. Feel free to leave your comment, too. It was one helluva weekend. Hint: The smart money just stayed off the road. And one bit of bad news: A woman drowned at Gray Whale Cove.