Since Riptide originally ran this list during its first year (2007), readers have added new Pacifica memories. Now our friends at Pacifica Patch are keeping the ball rolling. Click the link to add your local oldies but goodies:
1. You call your friends Bro.
2. You know what B.O.V. stands for.
3. You know that Pacifica, not Petaluma, not Pittsburg, is the original P-town
4. You own at least one Log Shop/Nor Cal sweatshirt
5. Your last name is Piccolotti or Hillard or Lange or Shaw.
6. People from the city and Half Moon Bay say you're from "Pathetica," but you really know it's "Terrifica."
7. You walk down the street and know the name of almost every person who drives by.
8. You go to parties and know who is there by their cars parked out front.
9. You have at least one friend who has worked at Round Table, Ace Hardware, or Safeway!
10. You know that Inverness isn't just a street name.
11. You do the three S's: surf, skate, and smoke.
12. Outsiders complain how thick the fog is, but you can see all the way to the Farallon Islands.
13. You've kicked it at the "dump," the gazebo, under the bridge, or the point.
14. The word "dude" is always at the beginning and end of every sentence.
15. Every party in town is like a Terra Nova reunion.
16. Everyone knows everyone, even if you really don't, they've at least heard about you.
17. You've been to "The Breeze."
18. You were proud to represent Linda Mar, Manor, Sharp Park, Fairmont, Westview, or B.O.V.
19. All year long you sport Uggs or Reef sandals. And you've worn Uggs with shorts long before it became stylish.
20. You've stolen wooden pallets from Safeway to make a bonfire at Linda Mar beach.
21. You spend Friday nights partying at the Sea Horse, Winters, or the Octopus Lounge—for the past five years!!!!! (and did karaoke at one of them).
22. You know that Fog Fest is a must!
23. You know what Jeff's Best is (for you old-school P-Towners).
24. You smoked or drank at the wall.
25. You've been in Denny's at all hours and probably used to smoke cigarettes in there.
26. Taco Bell on the beach has many memories for you.
27. You've been drunk on the pier.
28. Channel 8, baby, channel 8.
29. The Tribune is a source for gossip.
30. Your kids (or your friends' kids) are taught by the same teachers who taught you.
31. You were taught by your parents’ teachers.
32. You can come flyin’ down Highway 1 at 80 miles an hour at night in the fog because you know every turn, dip, and pothole without thinking about it.
33. You travel to any nearby city and have to ask, "WOW, has it been sunny here all day??"
34. You can't wait to read the latest POLICE BEAT in the Trib to see if any of your friends made it in this issue.
35. You saw “Jaws,” “Grease,” or “Scarface” at the Seavue Theater.
36. You stood outside of the "U-SAVE LIQUOR" store trying to get someone to "buy up" some beer for you and your friends!
37. You wake up the next day hung over and alone at the beach in "MANOR" wondering when the party ended and where everyone else went YET you AREN’T afraid of what could have happened to you?!?!
38. Part of your morning routine was to go to "THE LIL RED STORE" before school!
39. You can remember that Baja Bugs are remarkably agile at crawling over the hills in "FAIRWAY."
40. You know what "SPINNIN' BRODIES" in the school parking lot means. By the way, who was Brody? No one seems to know.
41. You walked down to Bud's ice cream during lunch to buy sour power.
42. You have traded at least two books at the old used-book store by the Little Brown Church.
43. You remember when half the trailer/mobile home park fell into the ocean.
44. You saw the first midnight showing of “Star Wars: Phantom Menace” at the Seavue, at which, of course, you have snuck in some Taco Bell or McDonald’s.
45. You remember taking the behind-the-scenes tour of the Manor McDonald’s when you were a kid for a field trip or birthday party.
46. You remember the year when they had to bring in fog machines for the Fog Fest parade.
47. You rode on someone’s truck (tow truck, to be specific) in the Fog Fest parade.
48. You were a Pacifica Police Explorer.
49. You hung out at the Wander Inn on Linda Mar beach.
50. You marched in the Fog Fest parade as a grape to the tune of "I heard it through the grapevine."
51. You hung out at the Lutheran Church on Seville in the downstairs Lavender Mushroom on Friday night.
52. You turned right at the stoplight and went to Nick's on the way home from 49er football games on Sunday evening for a pit stop.
(list compiled by a fellow rocket scientist and Mensa member from Sun Valley, who says to keep adding to it)